Brian's Music Musings: The De Castro Sisters And More

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

The De Castro Sisters And More

Although Bear Family issued the CD in 1999, I just got around to buying the best of the De Castro Sisters CD. The sisters are also the subject of my latest web page on www.colorradio.com It covers the Abbott and RCA years, and the liner notes are good. One thing that was odd is that none of the pictures of the girls were identified with whose who. What's up with that? I think I could have used a slightly fatter book, especially from the Bear'. The sound quality is impeccable, but *** out of ***** for the commentary.

Sad to hear of Gene Pitney's passing last week. 65, and still performing - actually happened right after a concert in the UK. An amazing voice has been silenced for the future, but we still have dozens of great recordings to remember him by. What's your favorite and why? I played "Every Breath I Take" on last Saturday's radio show. Always love the Phil Spector touch!

I'm trying to decide on the next page for my site. I have about 3/4 of the recordings by Fay (e) Simmons. I don't know much about her, but heard she was loved and maybe originally from Philly. Anyone know the scoop on this under-appreciated artist? I've also got more first and second labels to add, so be watching for that. A new 1 hour radio segment will also be added this week. Just went over 20K hits, which is really cool.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?