Brian's Music Musings: The Elgins Live!

Monday, May 29, 2006

 

The Elgins Live!

Oooohh Baby! I saw The Elgins on May 28th at the Stock Market Bar and Grill in Sacramento. What a great job they did, and the house was packed!. The only seats I saw available were on top of the bar. Original members Cappy Lewis and William Devase performed, along with Russell Parker and a newer member. Together they sounded great, and the performance was in front of a very enthusiastic crowd. I had dinner during the show and met several people I knew and a bunch for the first time. Most of the big hits were performed, like "Uncle Sam's Man, "I Lost My Love In The Big City", "Finally" and more. This group of Elgins even sang the Motown Elgins song called "Darling Baby! Wow! They cranked through three sets of music and it was a very enjoyable evening. If you ever get a chance to see the Elgins in the Sacramento area, or if they come to your town, don't miss them.

Although my actual page of Fay Simmons has not been indexed by Google, my home page and this blog have. Hope to get some feedback on my ideas concerning Miss Simmons.

Several pieces of information and additional group members have been added to the Mickey Hawks and the Night Raiders page. Thanks to Gary Hartle for adding another iteration of the group and some facts about the late 1960's version of the Night Raiders.

Sha Na Na has released a new CD called "One More Saturday Night". It is all original songs with the feel of the 1950's rock and roll. I should have a copy soon and will give you a review.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?