Brian's Music Musings: Where are those guys?

Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

Where are those guys?

Group Members Gone Missing. You will see that title on my latest page to my Color Radio web site. If you were part of a group in the 50's and 60's, or are looking for one of your fellow band mates, this is the page for you. I have started it off with three different groups that currently have "missing" people. I expect to add more in the near future. The three current groups are the Shytones, Mickey hawks and the Night Raiders, and the Beverly Hills Painters / Joey Norman. Although the concept has been done with high school classmates, I don't believe there is one for music groups. If you know of Group Members that have Gone Missing, let me know and I'll add it to the page.

A few updates have been added. A variation of the Shytones / Hi-Tones on Fonsca showing the Roulette distribution on a stock copy, a De Castro Sisters hand bill from Amato's in Astoria Oregon, and a twist to the Was This Your Record page, with a tie in to the handbill previously mentioned. I'll give you a hint: The handbill was in a bunch of high school graduation stuff for one "Judi Furman".

Uncle Sam's Man by the Elgins was very popular in Los Angeles. The group which still features Daryl Lewis, is performing in Sacramento this weekend, and later this summer in Modesto. They have also recorded a new CD of Gospel music to boot.

Over the next week, some minor updates to the web site, and the start of a new artist page. I seem to change my mind so often, that you never know what will actual show up!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?