Brian's Music Musings: The Aquatones, upcoming interviews, Johnny Dee

Friday, June 23, 2006

 

The Aquatones, upcoming interviews, Johnny Dee


Here is a picture of the Aquatones "Crazy For You" as a promo. I just found this one and will add it to my site tonight. This is one of what I believe is two promos that came out on the orange label. The other will be 1015 "Every Time". I have been wondering why Lou Fargo did that? My best guess is that he wanted the record to stand out. If it did, there might be a better chance of having it played. Most promos seemed to be black and white - very dull! Some had the regular label, but just added "Not For Sale" or something similar.
If you visit my Aquatones site, you will see that this and Every Time came out on black label stock releases. That was a big departure from the Aquatone blue. I'm just missing 1015 and 1022 on promo. All others are accounted for.

Have you had a chance to see my latest page, Johnny Dee? I took his Colonial label records from 1957, and have them with a few variations in chronological order. He later used his real name of John Loudermilk and had some great records, and wrote some amazing songs.

So what's next? Well, I was all set to try and tackle the Fireflies, and another opportunity presented itself. I won't play guessing games this time. In fact, I challenge you to find any information about this group on the Internet. The group is called the Hunters IV. They made one record, and it was released locally on a small label and then apparently sold to Josie for a release. Not only do I have some great pictures to go along with this group, but I just interviewed Dwight Hunter whom the group was named after. This will take a bit longer since I have to edit the interview and such, but look for this mid to late July. I can promise, you won't be disappointed with the music or the graphics. And the stories! I will be really pleased to offer this one up.

I have another Interview in my future with an original member of the Pixies Three. I am hoping to do that in the first part of July. I always associated them with 3 records on Mercury and an LP. They actially had 6 45's, so I get to add more records to my want list!

My latest Rockit Radio show was just uploaded to their website. I try to do two shows a month, but I am not always that good! Check out their site, shows, and links. It's a good resource.

Comments:
Hi Brian
Interesting your Johnny Dee page.
I checked my 45s, and have another Ebe Sneezer label, black with the Colonial-furniture item, and song title in another font (Roman o.s.l.t).
Also 'concrete blocks' as you have the white promo label but mine has the black version (with 'furniture').
Never realised there were so many different versions of label prints!
If you like, I'll scan 'm for you.
Teenage Queen 78rpm was a Canadian release. Got an eBay scan of that one too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?