Brian's Music Musings: Uh Oh, It's The Tonettes!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

 

Uh Oh, It's The Tonettes!

It finally happened. I just found and bought the last Tonettes disc for my collection. "Uh Oh" backed with "He Loves Me Not, He Loves Me" on Doe 103. It's the toughest record to find by the Tonettes, and on the Doe label. It's the first one I have seen in about 4 years, while during the same time period, I have seen a half dozen Vince Castro Doe 102 records for sale. You say you want to know the value? OK, I'll bite. Books list it at 150.00 mint. I will buy all you have at that price. I would list it between 250 and 350 mint. I know of 4 copies on the white label promo, so unless I am dead wrong, the stock copy should be worth even more. It is a rare case where more promos were pressed than stock copies.

Do You Remember by Sha Na Na was received well on my radio show last night. I will be playing it on my next Rockit Radio show. Look for that to be posted next friday.

I'm now starting on my next artist page. It's a single artist, sometimes with a group. The label is from North Carolina, and this artist went on to quite a bit of fame under a different last name. He is definitly a singer, but also an outstanding songwriter. I will feature his first five records for this label, and a few variations (Of Course!).

I have a lead on a group member of the Matadors. This group recorded on Back Beat out of Texas, and may have had just one release. I hope to do an interview in the near future.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?