Brian's Music Musings: More record stories, two Ebay records, and upcoming projects

Saturday, October 07, 2006

 

More record stories, two Ebay records, and upcoming projects

The Fireflies are now on-line! I have a web page of the group and solo efforts of Ritchie Adams, up to about 1962. I also just added a quick celebrities page that shows their current line-up in 2002. They have just one personnel change since then. The next page I am working on is for the Pixies Three. Not my most robust page, but as with everything on my website, it's a work in progress. When finished, I will also post a great interview I had with original member Kaye Krebs.

More from the record
find department. Nothing amazing, but since I find records so interesting, and every one has a story, I will pick it up from my last blog. I have one record by Joyce Webb on the Houston based Lee-Roy label, until now. I found a very odd country version of the Crest's doo wop classic Sixteen Candles, by Bobby Beason. It is from the early 70's, and is interesting.

The Largos had a record in 1961 called I Wonder Why, but it's not the same classic from the Belmonts. It is a rather blusey record that was originally released on Detroit's Starmaker label. I found the second label recording on Dot. Seems a bit "wrong" for what Dot was issuing at the time, but not a bad record.

Have you ever seen the Faro
label? It was based in Hollywood, CA, and was often red and white. All of my copies have a picture of the artist on the label, and this one is no exception. Ken Miller is the artist, and the side I am interested in can be used for my Halloween collection. Zonbeeshe Blues is an odd one. Not an awesome record, but as I said, odd! The flip is a teener.

Here is an
overpriced record for your collection. Four Chicks and A Chuck on red vinyl Jubilee. It is a pop record that should sell for about 10 bucks mint. You can buy this one for 89.99.

I always knew that "Boots"
had started to become collectible to some people. I bought a bunch in the early 70's, and some of the colored wax versions were fairly limited. I stopped collecting them after about 10 years, and have not bought any since. Here are the Blenders on swirl wax for a whopping 85 bucks! Sheesh! I don't think they are that collectable. Frankly, it's not too far from what an original should sell for.

No interviews on the immediate schedule. I think I will take a break from them and concentrate more on my web site, after I finish the Pixies Three page. I am about 3 country records short of running the Los Angeles based Jackpot label, so that will be one of the projects. I have a few smaller ones that include artist titles and artist names, but so far I only have 4 or 5 records for each one.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?