Brian's Music Musings: The Pixies Three and more

Friday, October 13, 2006

 

The Pixies Three and more

I have just about completed my Pixies Three web page and should have it on-line for Saturday. It includes my interview with Kaye Krebs, original Pixies Three member. It is a work in process, just as most of my pages are.

One of the more interesting Ebay listings I have seen this year, has about 3 days before it is finished. The seller is Fosman, and my experience looking at his listings is simply to take caution. He often sells records without specifically saying if the disc is real or a boot. I think that is wrong, and they should be explained up front like many sellers do. Especially when you know the difference (He does). It can only lead to uninformed decisions by those with less knowledge of the vinyl. To his credit, he usually includes the dead wax numbers which is an instant giveaway, and if he doesn't, he gladly emails them to you. His listing adds records to the auction as watchers and bidders increase, up to the last 24 hours. An interesting concept that seems to be working fairly well.

I spoke with Jimmy Charles last night, and he was busy recording some promos for Wild Wayne, a DJ on the east coast. He was also lining up a couple of shows where he will perform, and frankly, I think he will have even more chances to sing in 2007. He is just now being recognized as available and in good vocal condition. I think he will bust out on the oldies circuits very soon.

The Jackpot label is definitly next on my agenda. Though I have no interviews scheduled, I am always looking, and have a couple possibilities in mind. Stay tuned for those in they pan out.

I updated some text on my Altones/Beverly Hills Painters page after reconnecting with Dave Mastry, son of Tony who was part of the groups. I hope to keep expanding the page with additional photos and a few more records if I can locate them. Also, I added a couple of Silverball records on my Ronnie Haig page.

I had a semi-hit on my "Was That Your Record" page. I put records on the page that had owners named written or affixed to them. After I was done, I found some high school "Stuff" from a person that graduated in Oregon in the late 50's. Even though it was not a record, I put a picture on the site and listed a few things I found and asked why she got rid of them, etc. I was hoping to have her email me. Instead, someone with the last name of Shaw wrote with some odd questions, almost playing a game. I wrote back assuring him I would return the items to the person if they contacted me and I could positively identify they were really that person. And after looking at his name and comparing it to the graduation list that was part of the stuff, I think I found his brother that had graduated the same year as the gal in question. Naturally I asked him if he was related to so and so. It probably freaked him out of his mind, and I have not heard back from him since!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?