Brian's Music Musings: Last Kiss - Last Word

Monday, November 27, 2006

 

Last Kiss - Last Word

OK, so Last Kiss by J Frank Wilson came out on three labels. The first, which I now have, was on the Texas based Le cam. The second was Tamara and the third was Josie. Josie sold a ton, Tamara reportedly pressed 1000, and I suspect Le Cam was half that. The Le Cam version is actually different then Tamara, which is the same as Josie! The running time is less, and the intro is shorter. Tracking both records at the same speed, they play slightly different, so It's hard to tell if the track is actually different or if they just kept more material in. Unfortunately, dead wax numbers don't reveal anything substantial. Interesting stuff!

Over the last weekend, I added Jackpot Records It has 17 of the 21 issues and is a very diverse body of work by several different artists. I also added an unreleased demo page, but after only one day, I have several updates to add. Sometimes I feel like a real bonehead! I can always count on fellow record collectors to fill me in without making me feel too bad.

Remember the link I had on my Vito and the Salutations page? It was to a video of them performing on bandstand, and Dick Clark interviewing Frank Fox at great length. It had been on Google videos, but Dick Clark productions found out and had it yanked. Too bad as that may be the only video of that performance anywhere. But, Clark owns it, even if they don't have it!

Now I have to figure out which page is next for the website. Easier said then done! The next one may be a bit boring in comparison to most of the pages, but it has always fascinated me. The only hint I will give is that it is one record from one group.

Comments:
Could the next website page be the Five Sharps??? One record group - IMHO the "flip" is better than the "better known" side.
 
Hi Gino,
Good Guess, but I'm afraid it is something less dramatic, and as I mentioned, a bit boring compared to some of my other pages. Keep in mind that most all the records on my pages are mine. I don't happen to own the Five Sharps disc. But, you didn't know that!
 
Not even the Bim Bam Boom label re-release from the 1970s?? Of course I wouldn't expect that you'd have the bootleg 45 that was copied from the Bim Bam Boom release by a well-known east coast collector. Someday I'll have to get around to piecing together the "full" story of this record, including the Jubilee remake that was an attempt to fool collectors.

Gino
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?