Brian's Music Musings: Crescendos, the Eternals, and more

Friday, January 05, 2007

 

Crescendos, the Eternals, and more

This weekend, I will be updating my Crescendos page. What more could I possibly put on it? Al the records are accounted for in one form or another. That is actually the key - "One form or another". I have a U.K. London 78 and a London Australia 78. I figured they were made, but now I have them so you can take a look.

I will also be adding the Eternals, part one. The group made only 3 records, but the first one came out in at least 7 variations, six of which are shown. I only have the first record listed until I get similar copies of the second one. I briefly teased you about this next page last month, and it should be up by tomorrow. A great sounding group, the Eternals had a few bad breaks. I will add to the page with more pictures and stories during the new year.

A few odd updates this weekend include the missing Galaxy label record for the Sevilles. It's a promo on black wax. I have seen green wax Galaxy promos, and I think they exist for the Sevilles. What a fun group they were to listen to. I once got an email from someone claiming to be the real "Charlena" they sung about, but she declined to expand any further.

An upcoming update will be the Buffalo Rebels on Quality. I am amazed at how much was released for the group in Canada. I never knew this one was produced on Quality until I bought it.

No amazing deals on Ebay have been spotted lately. I am constantly amazed and the wide range of prices for the same item in comparable condition. Many factors can certainly affect it, but to see an LP be listed for$20 and 150$ is wild. Not only should you do some research, but you have to understand a little bit about asking prices on Ebay. Then throw it all out the window when somebody breaks the unwritten rules!




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?