Brian's Music Musings: More Last Kiss, Lisa Mychols? and more

Thursday, January 11, 2007

 

More Last Kiss, Lisa Mychols? and more

Fred wrote to me and took me to task on Last Kiss by J. Frank Wilson. He was right. I re-listened to my Josie label version and the Tamara, and they were different takes. That famous "vocal failing" you hear on the hit, is not present on the Tamara label. There are a few other differences also. Further, the Le Cam version is different still. The first 3 seconds are whacked off and it does not have that vocal falter either. Interesting.

Around Christmas, i was doing some research on a Johnny Lee (no relation) that sang a song called Santa's Ride on the Diva label. i also have it on the Little Apples label, which also mentions Diva. Both labels are from Chicago, and the latter is Johnny Vanelli. Same guy. Speeded up version. Anyway, I found John in Missouri who had a cassette tape that was made from the radio, and it had the tune on it. i offered to send him a CD of it. In return, he sent me a Christmas CD that had a great mixture of old and new Christmas songs. These were not your run of the mill, tired, ho-hum songs, but some rather unusual and refreshing recordings that I rather enjoyed. One cut in particular took me right to the Spector "Wall Of Sound". problem is the recording is just o year old. Lisa Mychols with "Listen To The Bells Ring ", is a great waxing. Check it out if you get the chance.

The Orioles 78 of It's Too Soon To Know in VG condition, is now down to 189.00 if you buy it now. When it started, I think it was about twice the price. Must be a fire sale that i didn't know about!

I am hoping to catch Glen Glenn in concert here in the foothills. An RAB hall of famer, he sure has his roots. I have certainly seen more than one picture of him with Elvis, back in the day. Should be a great show. I just need to go get a ticket before they are sold out.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?