Brian's Music Musings: I was going to update.....

Friday, February 02, 2007

 

I was going to update.....


Yeah, it was supposed to happen, but I still am trying to do that this weekend. Doesn't seem so hard - scan or take a picture, crop, dump and upload. Geez I'm slow.

Anybody have an interest in Freddie Bell and the Bellboys? I seem to and am sure sometime in the future I will create a page. Just curious to see if there are other fans. I know he has and may be appearing at the rockabilly fest in Greenbay in a few months. He is quite an interesting story in himself. No Billboard action, but local spins on a couple of records, a headliner in Vegas, and huge in Europe. Bear Family did a CD about 10 years ago. It's not bad, but I need my facts in a bit more organized fashion. They list 3 tracks from Mercury as original, but in parentheses, they list overdub. I make the assumption that there was an original release without that overdub. I suppose I will have to track the record and CD to see what they meant. The sound is good, the liner notes are otherwise good, and the price was right at Overstock.com. Cool place to find discounted "stuff". First time for me.

Tomorrow night (Saturday) I will feature Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper and Mr. Valens on a tribute show on the 48th anniversary of the crash that killed them along with the pilot. Should be fun with a few facts that some people may not know. That starts at 4PM PST on KVMR-FM where you can listen live. The following week is our first membership drive of the year. Thank You gifts include the doo wop box and Hot rods and custom classics. Should be fun.

Have you seen my web page on Fay Simmons? I keep thinking someone knows her whereabouts or if she has passed on. Anybody?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?