Brian's Music Musings: Ramble on!

Saturday, February 10, 2007

 

Ramble on!


I finally got those updates on my website that I mentioned in the last blog. You can also view the latest on my Updates Log. The next minor updates are the Pink label Fireflies on Ribbon, also on Ribbon is the Ritchie Adams single "Lonely One". Thanks to Fredpoet, I will make some adjustments to my Eternals site and the order of the labels.

Future updates include a couple of comedy records that I always thought were fun to hear. Andy Griffith, What It Was Was Football, originally came out on the North Carolina based Colonial label. Then Capitol picked it up and sent it for a ride. Another funny one was Johnny Standley and It's In The Book. Some folks refer to it a Grandma's Lye Soap. It first saw the light of day on the Los Angeles based Magnolia label. The 45 turns up somewhat often, but I think I will display the Magnolia 78. Look for both of those towards the end of the month.

At the risk of bidding against you, I sure have been enjoying the 2 records I have by the Travelers on Andex. Teenage Machine Age, is just fun. The latest in my library is Green Town Girl and He's Got The Whole World In His Hands. The lead is distinctive, sounds great, has some gospel feel to it, and I WILL get the other two on Andex. One of the two is up on Ebay right now, but it's beat and I will wait for another one to get listed. This is likely the same group that included Lou Rawls. I also believe this is the same group as the Pilgrim Travelers who also recorded for Andex. I have "Go Down Moses" by them as well as their LP for Andex. No wonder I like them! More research is in order for this group.

I almost made a buying mistake on Ebay. And then almost made it again. I saw a scopitone of Freddie Bell for sale. I bid and was outbid. I thought, well, that would have been nice to have, but... Then I got a second chance offer. Finally, reality set in and I admitted to myself that playing it would be quite difficult. I refused the second chance. I did find a third chance at a cool site where there are tons of scopitones on DVD's. Maybe I will put this on my Birthday list. Hmm. That's a long way off.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?