Brian's Music Musings: Updates to my site

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 

Updates to my site

Several updates are finally done on my website. I added the pink Ribbon label for the Fireflies "You Were Mine", and another Ritchie Adams 45, this on Ribbon too.

The Eternals site was reworked with a different order of the labels and an addition of a 7th variation. I still wonder if there are even more!

The Fleetwoods have also been reworked, as well as adding a couple more label shots of their first record. It's a bit confusing and I may still not have it perfect. I am still thinking the Liberty label issues came very last due to the lawsuit that the original Dolphin label threatened them with, thus the change to the Dolton label. Anyway, it seems sorted to me.

Lastly, I ended up adding 18 new first and second issues. It was about twice the amount I had intended to do, but I was having sooooo much fun! I also included Johnny Standley and Andy Griffith.

I got a couple of cool 78's on the Allen label. One was the Five Willows first recording on the Allen label from New York. The other was a different Allen from Richmond VA, and is the Four Jacks/Allen Trio. I also have an opera record on Allen which is a third different company. I believe there were at least two more.

Of minor note, I have another Rebels record on Reo to add to that growing page. That whole story just gets more interesting as time goes on. I am trying hard to contain the information to the Rebels and closely related groups. I suspect I could find tie-ins to many groups from the Buffalo area without trying too hard.
Ebay fun links:
Donna Fargo 70's LP for almost 50 bucks?
235 records for 2500.00? Over $10.00 a record! When he calls Frankie Lymon, Jimmy Jones and Bill Haley amongst his rare records, I knew there was trouble. Remember that blog I posted the 4 Chordettes records for 100.00 ? This is the guy that listed them. He even mentions it in the text! Never said they sold - and they didn't. Never grades the records, just says how good they are and gives the grading scale just to prove it. The best deal on the page is probably the shipping charge of only 20.00 for the lot. The best record is probably the Gladiolas on Excello, but it's cracked!
Have you seen an amazing Ebay listing? Send me the link!

Comments:
Regarding the Fireflies, you might also want to keep an eye out for a copy of "You Were Mine" on Ribbon on RED plastic. They might have been used as the promo (what a way to get the DJ's attention!). They do exist (I don't have one, but I have seen one up close many years ago).

Fred
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?