Brian's Music Musings: Delmar Goggins and More

Saturday, March 31, 2007

 

Delmar Goggins and More

Cruising around on Ebay , I bought a record by Delma(r) Goggins on the Vibro label. Not a bad record at all, and it does have a group background on it. Maybe the V Eights? Leave Me If You Want To/I Thank My Lucky Stars from 1961. I love the V Eights, especially "Everything That You Said"!
I had a great interview with Joyce Harris on my last radio show. I played about 10 of her records, and many for the first time on my show. Nice person, and she had some great experiences in her recording career. Check out the interview and some of her records on my web page.
I will start editing my interview with Little Willie G of Thee Midniters" fame this next week. I hope to have a mostly Latino show in late April, that will include the interview, a bunch of their songs, and many others from that community in Los Angeles. Now, if I can just find a way for him to do an in-studio appearance someday......
Another interview is in the works with a female group from Watts, in the Los Angeles area. More info on that in an upcoming blog. Don't you hate these mysteries?
I am presently working on a couple of Rockit Radio shows. These will be the first of this year. I never meant to have such a big gap between shows, but it has all been timing and priorities. Hopefully the next two won't take so long.
I have not seen too much outrageous on Ebay as of late. I did see a Harptones EP go up for sale. That is one rare puppy. Seems the seller pulled it off Ebay, and rumor has it, accepted an offer of $7,000.00. That is not only amazing, but way out of my price range. I don't even have that much money to spend in a year. I should get into another line of work. Anybody have a connection at Fort Knox?

Comments:
i love the song i thank my lucky star this song was a song my my father delma goggins one of the best that every did doo woop . he was even a memeber of the group the manhattans. one of the orignall manhatten and an still sing to this day . what a great song : )
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?