Brian's Music Musings: New show posted

Sunday, March 04, 2007

 

New show posted


I posted a new radio show, and you can hear it here! This is from my radio show on KVMR-FM, from February 24th. I seemed to have just a little bit too much fun on that one. Everything seemed to flow well, and I think you will enjoy it.

I finally got a copy of Sunglasses, by the Shades and featuring the Knott sisters. Cool song in the style of the coasters. I suppose when I think of songs about sunglasses, I automatically start singing (to myself of course) Dwight Pullen and his amazing Sunglasses After Dark. The flip, "Undivided Attention" is OK.

The Eternals "Rockin In The Jungle" may be the one song in my record collection with the most variations, but I have always enjoyed the Fashions, "I Am Dreaming Of You". It was released twice on the orange label - second press - with two different flipsides. Lonesome Road was first, and I Love You So was second. The first release was on the blue Vtone label. Mine is the block letters with no graphics. I imagine it is also available with the graphics on the blue label. I will find that one next. Maybe there is a black label? Promo? Still may not get the variations like the Eternals record!

Anybody ever heard of Johnny Corvo and the Hi Tones, on Haven records? It looks like the West Haven,CT label. A bit pop sounding, it looks like the Hi Tones made a couple of records for the label, and the year was 1955.

Comments:
Johnny Corvo was my Uncle, from Middletown Ct.
Also recorded with the Moonbeams, and The Peter Pan Orchestra in the 50's.
Would love to hear that record.
Heres a link to another.
If you have this record for sale, please contact me !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8h058E6ajg
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?