Brian's Music Musings: 1000 stars/Four Flickers/Rockit

Sunday, April 08, 2007

 

1000 stars/Four Flickers/Rockit

Looking for "A Thousand Stars" by Kathy Young? Click here for the $45 version. I have an extra copy or two that I would love to sell at that price. If you have seen some of my past entries, you know I am interested in over-priced records and wonder how they can ask the prices they do. Maybe......someone believes it and buys it. If they research and look on Ebay, they can find other copies cheaper. Oh well. I am always on the lookout for $100 Chordette 45's. If you see anything good, let me know!


I have a new radio show on Rockitradio. The last show for me was a Christmas program from 2006. There will be another one posted when the current show "runs out". Shows are rotated every 7 to 10 days. It's a lot of fun to produce the Rockit shows, but it's not quite like live radio on KVMR. It is certainly the next best thing!

I finally bought the Four Flickers record on the Lee label. I suppose the label name had something to do with it, but I was hoping for at least a good song. "Is There A Way" is a little too pop sounding for my taste, but the "B" side, "Yo Yo" is a fun record. All is not lost!

Just a couple blogs ago, I mentioned a later black label Class 78, and am certain that they were not produced in huge quantities. I recently found a copy of Little Star on Apt, on a 78. I don't think they are as hard to find as some books reflect in the value, but I have always been fascinated with the 78. I have not personally seen any other Apt 78's, but I imagine they would be quite difficult to find.

I have had some quality feedback on Last Kiss by J Frank Wilson. I bought an obvious reissue on a Le Cam label 45, that paired it with "Kiss And Run". It's a light blue label with a scrolly logo. Oddly, it's labeled as "The Original Last Kiss".


Comments:
Regarding the Four Flickers on the Lee label, you might want to check out for their other one, "Long Tall Texan". It's the original version of the song as well, made popular by Murry Kellum a couple of years later.

Fred
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?