Brian's Music Musings: Blue Notes and the Rebels

Sunday, May 20, 2007

 

Blue Notes and the Rebels

Not too much new on the copyright/Soundexchange/Internet broadcasting fiasco. I read a lot of arguing and discussion of facts, but not much movement. I also don't see many Internet broadcasters halting that aspect of their station. This one could drag out for a while.
Not too many new records over here, I suppose because I have not seen many I thought I needed. Well, OK, a lot I thought I needed but few that I was moved to part with the cash for. I did finally get a copy of My Hero on Val-Ue, but that was long overdue. I have had the one on Jalynne, and probably should get the 2nd press Val-ue with the different PO box, along with the Red Top issue. The Val-ue was also pressed on blue wax.
I was sent a picture of the ultimate first press of Wild Weekend by the Rebels. It had the stamp from "Phil and Tom", which was their way of calling it a promotional copy. I am trying to get a few more facts on the Rebels, to update my page. Anyone know how to get in touch with Mickey Kipler, one of the original Rebels? Tried to go through his work with email, but to no avail. It would be nice to get his take on the Rebels and their history.

Comments:
You may be able to contact Kipler at Buffalo Musician's Assoc.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?