Brian's Music Musings: Chuck Alaimo, Platters, Internet radio

Sunday, May 06, 2007

 

Chuck Alaimo, Platters, Internet radio

As promised, the Chuck Alaimo record on Ken was added to my first and second labels page. While I was at it, I also put the Ken/Dot labels of Frank De Rosa's record below it. Both great instrumentals.
Check out the comment from Gino on the last post. He provides a link to contact your representive of Congress concerning the new fee structures on Internet radio. Here is another bunch of comments, showing May 15th as D-Day - though here, it has now been extended. There is no doubt that payment for royalties needs to be made on Internet radio, and is being paid by many legitimate broadcasters and stations. The organizations that are not paying, should be. But, not at the outrageous fees proposed.
No major record purchases over the last week, but a couple of possibilities on the horizon later this month.
I was sad to learn of the passing of Zola Taylor of the Platters. She sang lead on several songs including "He's Mine", Bark, Battle and Ball, and certainly a pre-Platters record, "Maggie Doesn't Work Here Anymore". I played a small tribute on yesterday's radio show, but wished I had played more songs.
Back to Chuck Alaimo. Besides the Ken release and the four on MGM - including Leap Frog that was on Ken, does anyone know of other releases for the group on MGM or other labels in the US? I have MGM 12449, 12508, 12589, 12636. Let me know what you know!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?