Brian's Music Musings: The Rosie Project

Sunday, June 24, 2007

 

The Rosie Project

As mentioned in my last post, the Rosie project is in full gear. They have also added a couple of CD's to the mix that will be available at the show. I'm sure they will be available on-line soon. It's a great event, and has a high level of energy behind it.
I interviewd Al Sanchez last week and will air that interview towards the end of July. He and the Story Tellers have a great doo wop song they recorded for Rosie, and I can email you a MP3, just let me know. Considering the line-up, the ticket prices are more than reasonable and it goes to helping Rosie Hamlin in paying medical bills in her continuing fight with fibromyalgia.
In the continuing saga of Internet radio and the impending July 15th doom?, many internet radio stations will go dark on Tuesday June 26th. Some of the big name stations include Live 365, Yahoo, KCRW, KQLZ, and what I expect to be hundreds if not thousands more. It will send a message and make a point, but will it be enough? The general attitude is that all the internet stations are just waiting for a stay and eventual reversal of the current ruling. Will it happen?
The Red Coats, the Colts, or the Grundy Brothers? Which one was it that had the 45 on Delco called Oh When You Touch Me/I Never Knew. If you answered all three, you are correct. And, if you answered that there were three 45's that each had one of those names listed, with the same songs, you are also correct. My latest aquesition was a copy showing the Grundy Brothers, with a small title underneath "The Red Coats". Until this point, I thought just the other two had been issued. I can't imagine there would be a 4th. Now, all I have to do is figure out the order of release.
Kathy Zee is planning to open a website that will have autographed pictures, key chains, t-shirts, etc. Besides the interest in Kathy and her music in the USA, there is tremendous appreciation in Europe. I will let you know when it opens.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?