Brian's Music Musings: Fleetwoods, Slades Rosie

Sunday, July 08, 2007

 

Fleetwoods, Slades Rosie




Updates on my Fleetwoods page: Several pieces of sheet music now have been placed near the 45's that match.

The sheet on the left is one that you will see, and is an alternate picture, as it is specifically for the accordion. The Fleetwoods had a couple for records that actually had sheet music for both sides of the 45.

I have read nothing new on the impending July 15th deadline imposed by Soundexchange on Internet radio. Mostly, just re-hash has been written, along with the reality of what will happen with no intervention by congress.

The Concert for Rosie Hamlin takes place in Anaheim, later today. I wish the best for Rosie, and the success of the concert to raise the funds needed for Rosie to pay her bills. What a nice gesture by so many musicians and groups. Info is at http://www.therosieproject.com/

Just a few updates to my pages, most of which had been mentioned in previous posts. i also added the Slades "You Gambled" on the Canadian based Reo label. Now I wonder if they also issued a 78? You can see on my web page that Sparton had a 78 of You Cheated.

My radio show takes a week off next Saturday, and is pre-empted for a live music event. It happens one show a month in the summertime. I will be back on the 21st for my next radio show.



Comments:
Brian:

Nice job adding the sheet music to your Fleetwoods page. Did you notice that the sheet music for Oh Lord Let It Be was from England, crediting London Records? (What first tipped me off was the 2 shilling price.) Now I guess you'll have to start looking for British pressings in addition to US and Canadian.

Best regards,

Gino
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?