Brian's Music Musings: Soundexchange, Joyce Harris, the Caddy label

Sunday, August 05, 2007

 

Soundexchange, Joyce Harris, the Caddy label

As negotiations stall with Soundexchange, the Congress has now said that resolve needs to be made between Soundexchange and Internet radio before Congress returns to office on September 6th. They expect the two parties to find common ground, and make major progress. I bet the fine folks at Soundexchange had no idea what they would run up against when the new rates were "Announced". I have to wonder if it would be in Internet radio's best interest to stall the talks and let Congress step in. I think it may be their best bet. A short article can be read here.



I added the Serock release for Joyce Harris, plus the audio clips. It's a great two sided record, with the nod going to the "Don't Knock It" side. I still have a couple of records that I need to complete her page. The hardest - make that the most expensive disc, is on the Fun label. That one is just out of my price range. I will find the others! Frankly, I think a nice CD package of her records, both solo and with her sister(s) would be very cool.

There seems to always be a bunch of records I buy that really have no place on my web site. My motto has always been a record collector first, then radio, and then the web site. Of course, those lines can get fuzzy. I have several issues on Dick "Huggy Boy" Hugg's Caddy label. The latest is Jeanette Baker and the Dots Johnny/I Lost You. There is just something I like about the variety of musicians and artists that graced the label. I'm also a big fan of the late Johnny Flamingo, who had releases on the label.. I just don't quite have enough of his releases yet to justify a page.
The Virtues are one of those instrumental groups that I have always enjoyed. They recorded a huge quantity of 45's and several LP's, and tracking them all down is an on-going project. While I am at it, that collecting binge has to include records by main member Frank Virtuoso recorded as other groups or names. The fun part is trying to find all the records that are listed in the books, and then looking for the ones that are not.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?