Brian's Music Musings: Impaks,more on the Velvetones and Pixies

Sunday, January 20, 2008

 

Impaks,more on the Velvetones and Pixies

I finally added the Impaks interview I did last year. I aired it last night on my radio show, and had really hoped to be able to play some of their unreleased records, but that was not to be. An interesting group, with some great history. I have always said that the stories from groups that only released one or two records can be every bit as interesting as a group with 10 records, or maybe more so. Check it out and listen to the interview. At the moment, I don't have any additional interviews scheduled or in the can. I suppose I need to get busy and find someone that wants to talk about themselves.
.
As mentioned last week, I did add the Velvetones "Glory Of Love" on my first and second pressings page. I pictured the Aladdin 78 and the Imperial 45. There were actually several variations of the Aladdin 45, and for that matter, a second Imperial release on a different record number. Trying to keep up with every variation, release, and style is tough, but the exact reason the hobby is so much fun. On the same general subject, I will be adding a nicer picture of the Royal Teens "Short Shorts" from the Power label. The one I have currently has several autographs on the label. It was nice to get a clean copy, finally!
.
I mentioned the Pixies record on AMC and Don Dee in last week's blog. For a record that had local play in the DC area at best, I am amazed at the variations of the Don Dee record. It was mostly pressed on the gold label, less on the black label, and I just obtained the promo on the standard white label. Could there possibly be more variations? It can't possibly have as many as the Shytones/Hi Tones on Fonsca!




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?