Brian's Music Musings: Mad, Ray Stevens

Sunday, January 06, 2008

 

Mad, Ray Stevens

I have certainly enjoyed listening to records on the Mad label. Unfortunately, I only own one record on the label, so have relied on a great CD to make u for my shortfall on the label. There is a wide variety of musical styles and artists. Freddie and the Freeloaders, Red Holloway, Mad Man Jones, and my record by Lefty Guitar Bates, called Back Ground. Check out the tracks on the CD.
.
I have always been a fan of Ray Stevens. I enjoy his comedy records, but also like some of his early recordings. prep, Capitol and NRC have some unStevens sounding records and are fun to listen to. My latest Capitol record is School backed with The Clown. It was his last release on Capitol in the 195o's. Ray Stevens is an artist that I have accumulated records as opposed to secifically going on an all out, no holds barred search, where I don't sleep at night until I'm done.
.
Cutting the blog a little short today. We have had some wild weather in Northern California, so I have not had time to research items this week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?