Brian's Music Musings: Rex Garvin, Rockitradio, Vince Castro

Sunday, April 27, 2008

 

Rex Garvin, Rockitradio, Vince Castro

Last night I aired the Rex Garvin interview on my radio show. I think the most fun was breaking out of my mold a bit, and playing a few of the recordings he made with the Mighty Cravers. Although Emulsified, Sock It To Em JB, and Go Little Willie are not records I would normally play, they sounded good last night. I may just play them in the future. After all, I may have set a precedent last night. Rex Garvin was interesting, and very proud of the accomplishments he made. And well he should be. I will be posting the interview this week on my web site.

Look for my next shows on rockitradio soon. I usually can't seem to get those made as often as I would like, but every couple of months I send off two shows and they get posted. You can listen to them anytime you want to, and the shows rotate through. There are a bunch of DJ's with just as many different styles of presentation and musical tastes. Also, if you love the vintage radio airchecks, you can purchase them at rockitradio, and help support them.

Vince Castro continues to upload music to youtube. He has not had a computer for all that long, but he has done some really good work. Just type in his name and you can see a bunch of videos where he has put vintage pictures to the music. He has recorded some new material, but there is no commercially available CD yet. You can check out my page on Vinny along with the Tonettes HERE!







Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?