Brian's Music Musings: Echoes, KVMR,Oscar McLollie, Hi Tones.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

 

Echoes, KVMR,Oscar McLollie, Hi Tones.


Out of Brooklyn, New York, The Echoes cruised onto the Billboard charts with Baby Blue in early 1961. An upbeat song, it reached number 12 on the Billboard charts, and staying on the charts for 12 weeks. It also blew into the top 10 on the R+B charts. The producer was Jack Gold, who worked with several other groups including the G Clefs. It was originally issued on the SRG label. The initials? They stand for Jack Gold's son, Stephen Richard Gold. Gold and his SRG label then leased it to Seg-way and it was a smash hit. This is another of the first and second pressings you can see on my website. They are separated into two different pages. Scroll down to the bottom for my latest updates.

Friday and Saturday we celebrated "Thirty Years In Your Ears" at KVMR-FM radio. An amazing number of musically diverse acts performed to a very enthusiastic crowd at our local Miners Foundry. I have been with the station broadcasting my radio show for 21 of the 30 years.

A couple of updates for this week include a blue modern label of Oscar McLollie, and Roll Hot Rod Roll/Convicted. OK, so those are reversed as Convicted was the hit, but that is one flip I like better than the "A" side. Also I will be adding a nicer picture of the Hi Tones on Fonsco. The current picture is one of the few records I don't actually own on my site, and I will rectify that soon. As mentioned on the page, the Fonsco label is actually a light gray.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?