Brian's Music Musings: Aquatones,Rusty Bryant,Rockit Radio

Sunday, September 14, 2008

 

Aquatones,Rusty Bryant,Rockit Radio


One of just three - now two - releases needed for my Aquatones page has now been added. This record was the follow-up to their biggest hit called "You". "Say You'll Be Mine" is not a difficult record to find in it's standard light blue aqua Fargo 45. However, pressings on the dark blue label are a bit more scarce. They seemed to have a good run of dark blue "you"'s, but with this release shown on the right, there were significantly less. The other issue with this color variation is that the paper was very cheap and it tended to flake, tear and rub off. This particular copy does not have those issues, but the few I have seen in the past have been rough. I don't believe any other Aquatones 45 came in this color except these two mentioned. Had it just been "You" I would have thought that they might have run out of paper, a la the penguins with "Earth Angel". All the dark blue copies of "You" I have seen show the ABC distribution on them, so the record was not an early issue. Since they used the paper with their follow-up, I have to think that it was just filler for some apparent reason. I am still missing two Fargo label Aquatones promos. 1015, "There's A Long Long Trail". It may be an orange promo, but I'm not certain. 1022, another issue of "Say You'll Be Mine" with a different flip, would likely be a white label.

I've mentioned Rusty Bryant in a previous blog. I still find myself looking for his records. "All Nite Long", Pink Champagne", "Back Street", "Moonlight Garden Stomp", and the list goes on. Those are titles I have bought, along with his early LP. I will stop my collection in the 1950's and before he started playing jazz. I always have to set boundaries. It's just sometimes ...OK often, I don't stick to them.

Looking for vintage airchecks of some of the great DJ's? Rockit Radio has a boatload of them in their store. Alan Freed, Mad Daddy, Jocko,Bill Balance, etc. They are all on CD, and very enjoyable. Check em' out! I don't have any current shows going, as the production studio I have been using at KVMR is undergoing reconstruction and the addition of a top notch engineering board.Maybe I can get more shows for October.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?