Brian's Music Musings: Big Bad Train,Big John Little, Incense and Peppermints

Sunday, September 28, 2008

 

Big Bad Train,Big John Little, Incense and Peppermints

I answered my own question from my September 7th blog. The instrumental called "Big Bad Train" was recorded by Lee Castle and the Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra. It's on the Epic label, #9324. The only place I have heard it is on the air checks of the Mad Daddy show.

I had a great conversation with Big John Little yesterday. He was on the record "Rockin Crickets" and many others. He was fun to talk to and had some great information from his long and great career. He is still actively performing and has CD's available at http://www.weatherbysound.com/JohnLittle.htm He is really now known as T-Bone, which he explains in my interview. I hope to have that on my website next month. The Rockin Rebels page is a monster, but his contribution is important, and I think he is another artist that deserves a lot more credit than he has received.

A new first and second pressing will go up this week. It is definitely out of the normal time frame that I have, but is without doubt one of my absolute favorites from 1967. The group featured Ed King, who would also play with Lynryd Skynyrd. The group was from the west coast, and hit several records that got to the Billboard charts. The first issue was on the All American label, and then it switched over to Uni. I always loved the record - maybe it was the harmony, the fact it was different, or maybe the name of the group. In any case, I am adding it to my first and second pressings page. The group has a web site that is under construction at http://www.strawberryalarmclock.com/


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?