Brian's Music Musings

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

 

Last Saturday on my radio show, I had the pleasure of interviewing Randy Williams of the vocal group, the Doodlers. That was the mystery artist I mentioned in my November 9th blog. They made two discs for the Jones record company, based in Houston.though on the company sleeve, it lists Beverly Hills as well. "Linda Sue got the most airplay and sales for the group. Their follow up, The Dangerous Dangeroo, was not as successful, but was a fun song. The subject was intended to scoop up a little of the business that the Purple People Eater was getting, with their 1/2 dragon and 1/2 kangaroo creature. The idea was great, but the sales were not quite what the group, and William T Jones had hoped for. The Doodlers had a nearly three year run, before they called it a day. They performed all over the country and even shared the stage with Elvis once, in their home state of Texas. Check out my new page on the Doodlers. You can also listen to my interview with Randy Williams for more really interesting information on their career. Two of the Doodlers members are missing with whereabouts unknown Jay Hoyle and Mike Perkins

I have added a few things to the web site. The first hour of my 11/15/2008 radio show is now available for listening at your leisure. A 78 by Gene Forrest under the Gene And Eunice page, and a load of playlists through Novemer 1st 2008.

Also added to the Rockin Rebels et all page, was a promotional copy of the second Marlee label variation with the ShanTood publish misspelled. I was unaware they made one for the second variation.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?